Black powder

Es gibt 14 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 1.753 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (21. April 2015 um 15:47) ist von angelone.

• I am going to place an order for some ammunition soon, and got abit curious on 9mmR black powder from RWS.

Why does black powder exist when there is NC powder that is used today?

I know that black powder makes the weapons more dirty but is there any reason why that ammunition is still around?

What is it used for?

Best regards/// Daniel

• In the Past was Black Powder a little bit Louder - I shoot some old RWS Black Powder last Sivester with my Twinny. This was really a Big Bang, but the RWS Black Powder from today are nothing louder as the NC Cartridges.

If you use normally NC, than you make nothing wrong.

• Hey,
    i only use BP ammo for new year eve. Not louder maybe, but an much bigger muzzlefire, nice smell :D and sounds more deeper, not a sharp bang like the nc cartridges. But always clean your revolver short after each use, BP are very aggressive against all kind of metals!

Gruß, David

Solid, fantastic, aerodynamic, safe, honest, sometimes evil. Attractive to have, bloody when you don't have her.
    When she talks, she talks about death. My Azra saves non-life imagination. We love you Azra, because you are evil.

• I think black powder cartridges exist because of western fans want their "smoking colts" (I mean those fans who are dressing like cowboys and kidding around ;D)

Btw black powder ammuntion will dirt up your gun like hell. The cleaning isn't that funny as the use of :crazy2:

• when using BP ammo just clean your gun with hot water and dish soap, gives me the best cleaning results :)
    and the cartridges aren't louder than NC cartridges but they burn hotter and make a bigger fireball at the muzzler so i would say it's the best ammo for multishooting four or more pyroeffects on new years eve!

Who wants some?

• Thanks for all the reply´s, i might just take a couple of boxes if it. Would be fun to see.

Yes, i understand that it must leave alot of dirt but i always clean my weapons as soon as i get home. I also use water and a little soap.
    Makes the gun pretty clean.

• No, it won't. Why would they sell it if it would make the weapons explode?
    I agree with one of the other posters here.
    I think it's mostly because of the good old "western effect".

By the way. - I saw a video of a guy shooting a Weirauch HW 94 with black powder. His gun "fired" two rounds at the same time.
    I'll send you the link if I can find it...

Hilsen Petter Northug! *lol*

• When i used my HW37 for the very first time with black powder cartridges it quit shooting after some 20 rounds. I had to cool it down in snow and removing the empty cartridges wasn't funny, they stuck in the cylinder.
    Nevertheless, if you like the sound, the flash and the smell - try it...

• I must try it, and record it all on camera.

The thing is here, i have got the impression that NC powder is more powerful because of:

* NC gun powder: More modern and efffective powder, does not foul the weapons and has a higher burning efficiency, hence= less smoke and fireball and higher bang (due to higher pressure/more effective powder).

* Black powder: "old school" gun powder; has not the same efficiency and effectivness as more modern gun powder. It fouls the weapons with more powder residue due to the less burning efficiency and leaves more smoke and fire. Therefore less pressure and bang.

If you put modern cartridges in an old revolver thats made fore black powder it could explode because of the more efficient NC powder. But this maybe only concerns "real" ammunition?

I dont know, but thats the impression i have got from gun magazines and such.

If so, why dont we use NC powder in fire crackers? It leaves then less "dirt" and smoke, could be good at new years eve so the town doesnt get shrouded in smoke as you can see like a thin cloud over the town.
    And isnt NC powder more safe to handle?

• when using BP ammo just clean your gun with hot water and dish soap, gives me the best cleaning results :)
    and the cartridges aren't louder than NC cartridges but they burn hotter and make a bigger fireball at the muzzler so i would say it's the best ammo for multishooting four or more pyroeffects on new years eve!