Infos über Windbüchsen

Es gibt 21 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 6.673 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (25. Januar 2024 um 12:48) ist von Eastwood.

• Hallo Leute,

Wie die Überschrift schon sagt suche ich Informationen über Windbüchsen. Damit meine ich nichts Oberflächliches wie Wikipedia etc, sondern evl Fachliteratur oder der Gleichen. Im Internet findet man leider relativ wenig, ich finde diese Erfindung aber unglaublich Interessant. Also wenn sich jemand auf diesem Gebiet auskennt fänd ichs toll wenn er mir ein bisschen was erzählt oder mir sagt wo es was zum lesen gibt^^

Danke schon mal und Grüße :thumbsup:

Greedo

• los geht's aber alles in Kurzfassung
    Buch arne hoff Windbüchsen und andere druckluftwaffen
    online gabs mal nen bericht von visier, Uli wird da mehr dazu sagen , wie der wind weht ,ist mit googlen zu finden

bei you tube, Lukens air gun eingeben oder giradoni

da wird dir geholfen

mehr kann ich dir nicht dazu schreiben ,ich beschäftige mich jedoch auch schon n paar jahre damit

und besitze immer noch keine da alle zu teuer waren die mir unterkamen :pinch:

• arne hoff (natürlich) und auch airgun-digest (j.galan) hat ein wenig.

ansonsten für schöne bilder und infos zu den waffen kann ich u.a. diese seite empfehlen:

http://www.hermann-historica.de/db2_de/

(66. auktion)

http://www.hermann-historica.de/db2_de/aktuelle-auktion.html

man beachte die netto-preise!!! :!: .... und die schönheit der waffen :^)

nachtrag: in der visier special 46 sind auch noch einige informative seiten.

gruß jochen

"Ich distanziere mich von verlinkten Seiten!"

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von zielvier (31. Januar 2014 um 16:49)

• Ich behaupte mal, dass ich im deutschen Sprachraum mit am meisten über Windbüchsen weiß - das verteilt sich aber auf 25 Jahre VISIER-Artikel und viele Speicherbausteine in meinem Hirn. Und da das kein Ende nehmen würde, schreibe ich erst einmal gar nichts hier rein, nicht böse sein (einiges, etwa zu Girardoni, der wohl die bekanntesten Windbüchsen baute, findet sich auch hier bei CO2air, sofern man den Namen richtig schreibt).

ansonsten als Lesetipp

(englisch) http://www.beemans.net und deutsch http://www.hegmans.de/theo/luft.htm
    (die Namensähnlichkeit fällt mir erst jetzt auf...)

und natürlich, auch von Theo Hegmans schön verlinkt, unser Klassiker: Windbüchsenmord an Ludwig II.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd2uNTCVYyg#t=450s

Ich bin der Keith Richards dieses Forums und immer noch hier...

• Hello from Portland, Oregon, USA,
    This is my first post.

I have written a number of books on air gun history and am currently working on a book concerning the Girardoni made Military Repeater Air Rifle.

To answer your question, one of the best books on Windbüchsen is by Arne Hoff Airguns and other pneumatic arms
    I believe there is also an edition of this book in German. It is not an easy book to find but it is worth the effort.

In German, there are many wonderful texts available such as http://books.google.com/books?id=XF0-AQAAMAAJ&dq=Windbüchsen+Haller&source=gbs_navlinks_s
    starts on page 34. Haller was really the starting point for the study of the Girardoni air gun.

If you are interested in some more books, in English only, I can add those, too, if you are interested.

By the way, I do not write in German but I am pretty good at translating German.

• 2007 ging bei HH eine Girandoni M1779 für 38.000 Euro weg.
    Dazu kommen noch die Aufpreis und Märchensteuer. Also nicht
    unter 50.000 Euro. Der Starbetrag war 1.800 Euro.

Gruß Klaus

• Just saw your posting above, Dean - do you remember our joint-venture many, many years ago for the Crosman-story in the german gun-magazine VISIER? :huldige:

Dean T. Fletcher ist einer der bekanntesten "airgun writer" der USA, bekannt durch seine Bücher über Crosman- und Benjamin-Waffen.
    http://books.google.com/books/about/Th…id=jjXvOwAACAAJ und auch der Jubiläumsband "Crosman 75 Years"

Welcome to this forum, DT! :laola::laola::new11:

• Yes, still have a few copies of that Visier edition floating around. That was fun.

Thanks for the nice introduction.

Today I am playing around closer to your world and the Girandoni. Plans are to get a book out on the subject soon. Lots of fun and interesting things were right there on the internet just waiting to be found.

• Finding information on Windbüchen is one thing but finding reliable information, especially in regards to the Girandoni, is another. Which brings us to the Militär-Ökonomie books.

Die Ökonomie-Musterbücher was the purchasing specification for the Habsburg/Austrian army. Anything the army wanted to purchase and have it paid for by the government had to come out these books.
    There has been little research on this angle of inquiry regarding the Girandoni but I do have one report that the Girandoni itself does not have a specification but the accessories do. What's available on the internet is limited but there is Specification 5023. It details the Windbüchen - Flaschen- Futteral sammt Trag - ind Flintenriemen or Airgun-Airtank-Case, together with carrying strap - and gun belt (sling). http://books.google.com/books?id=T8N...üchsen&f=false

What's nice about the Militär-Ökonomie specifications is that there is no question that this item really is for an original Austrian military air gun. No opinions, no assumptions, no questions... other than, there is no assurance that this case and sling specification is for the Girandoni. There is evidence that there were other less distinguished air guns used by the Austrian military, particular the Grenzer troops. The dates on this spec are 1798 and 1803 (? on the 3) which seems a bit late to be for the Girandoni.

We've all seen this knapsack that reportedly was for the Girandoni.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girand...rments_Bag.jpg

If it comes close to S.5023, I have no idea, but, at least, there is now an official specification for comparison.

Now, if anyone is near Vienna, it would be great to get a really good review of what is in the archive copies of the Ökonomie-Musterbücher. All away from Portland, Oregon, I found the first specification. Just imagine if somebody closer to the source could take a good look.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DT Fletcher (25. Dezember 2014 um 05:03)

• Here's a video that I requested of an owner of a reproduction Girandoni (per Baker/Currie). What I wanted him to do was recreate the shooting accident that Meriwether Lewis had on Bruno's Island. (See http://archive.org/stream/journal…wirich_djvu.txt just search on air gun. The accident is described in the first hit) 

It's a fact that the Girandoni, and almost any of the old butt-resevoir type air guns, will discharge if you move the hammer, after first being cocked, to full de-cock "safe" position. Which is almost certainly what caused the Bruno's Island incident.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne deine Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

But, there has never been a video posted showing this. Nothing. So, the nice gentleman makes the video and when it comes to the point when it's time to fully de-cock the gun (1:30) he instead describes what he thinks will happen. No demonstration. As you will find, he thinks that only a "very low velocity shot" would result. These guys do not understand how this type of air gun battery works. What they are describing is how a modern air gun works. Incredible.

• Quite a short remark from the beaches of Andalusia:
    Without doubt the spelling of the maker's name is Girardoni, not Girandoni as reported for many years. The family's history can be followed up to today and Peter Girardoni from Vienna, the actual head of the family. There has never been a proven quote for the n-version, only a barely readable mentioning on some papers which could be read as Girandoni. But all archives in Contina d'Ampezzo as Vienna show Girardoni.

Guten Rutsch euch allen, ich sitze bei Vino Tinto am Strand bei 30 Grad in der Sonne...
    Ulrich

• First, read Haller, 1891.
    There is no question that the Austrian Military records in the Vienna War Archives at almost every instance refer to the M-1780 Military Repeater Air Rifle as the Girandoni. What the family name is today, doesn't change the historical records.
    There are actually many variations of the Girardoni name, my favorite is Girardami. Which is the spelling used in some of the earliest newspaper reports on the M-1780.

It helps to remember that back in the 18th century, the spelling of family names was flexible, unlike today. For one thing, so many people were illiterate and wouldn't even be able to say how their name was spelled.

The Austrian army called it the Girandoni, it will forever remain so in history.

• Been looking into the earliest uses of the Windbüchsen, especially with the various Schützen militias. Came across this interesting tid bit: "The Harzschützen founded in 1634, a militia, but also farmers and citizens joined together vigilante groups in their home town. These militias were called partisans because they had developed a completely new defense strategy. It is reported that they could defend the whole Bode Valley in Harz and no standing army dared to attack them. They were equipped among others with conventional weapons and with so-called Windbüchsen (air rifles) that were installed in church towers and roof gables."

Here's the original German, so you guys can check my translation:
    "Die Harzer Schützen gründeten 1634 eine Bürgerwehr, aber auch Bauern und Bürger schlossen sich in unserer Heimat zu Bürgerwehren zusammen. Diese Bürgerwehren wurden als Partisanen bezeichnet, weil sie eine völlig neue Verteidigungsstrategie entwickelt hatten. So wird berichtet, dass sie das ganze Bodetal im Harz verteidigen konnten und kein stehendes Heer es wagte, sie anzugreifen. Ausgerüstet waren sie unter anderem mit herkömmlichen Waffen und mit so genannten Windbüchsen, die in Kirchtürmen oder Dachgiebeln installiert waren."

You never know about these reports. I think the partisan thing would have nothing to do with the airguns. For the locals to fight against the professionals at this time, with any sort of weapon, was a death sentence for being a partisan.
    During the 30 years war, any serviceable weapon would have been used. So, there being a few airguns in the mix would only make sense. What I think makes this report so interesting, besides being the earliest reported airguns used in wartime, war is the tactic of placing the airguns in the church towers. It's pretty sure that these Windbüchsenschützen would have been the top sharpshooters, too. Considering how primitive firearms were at this time, the first half of the 17th century could have been a time when a finely crafted large bore airgun could come close to the power of blackpowder guns and exceed them in accuracy.

For the original (German) see page 8: http://www.bodensee-eichsfeld.de/wp-content/upl…uetzenwesen.pdf

I'm expect that some more information of this sort is contained in the archives of other

Schützen organizations with a long history.