Which one is better?

Es gibt 23 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 3.335 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (7. Februar 2007 um 15:13) ist von Manticore.

• Heya guys,
    I'm about to buy my first SSW. Its just that I find it hard to find proper information so I'll just ask the pro's :huldige:

I want one of these
    -- Colt Government 1911 A1 nickel Holz
    -- Browning GPDA9 nickel
    -- Walther P88 Compact nickel

Ok what I want to know is.... do they all have slide catch? (empty clip = slide locks back). I know the P88 does but how about the other two?

Do they all have fully working safety? (Again I know the P88 does, but how about the other two?)

How's realiability on all of these?

Which one has the most realistic look? (Not the model, but the paintjob.. I dont want a plastic looking nickel effect) And how endurable is the nickel effect?? Which takes the longest to wear off?

And what's your personal opinion.... which one you guys like best yourself?

Thanks you guys :n1: :new11:

Going to buy a GPDA 9

• The Government has no automatic slide catch, slide does not stay open after last shot.

All have a working safety, but the one of the P88 appears to be the best one (of the three guns, the best safety available sits right between your ears!)

All three guns are from Umarex, so there should be no differences in the nickel coating.

My personal favourite:
    Colt Government - a real classic!

Stefan

• The GPDA 9 improved is from the three the only one with a steel-inlet in the hammer. The other two have only a soft zinkhammer

• Only got the nickel P88 with wooden grips, it's heavy, beautiful and reliable (worked fine twice on new years), I just love it :n1: Hammer becomes ugly after a few shots, but usually you don't see it and doesn't jam either.

If I were you, I'd go to a local gun store, get my hands on all 3 guns (if it's possible at your location) and decide afterwards. By the way, there's also a steel-finish version of the P88: http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/product_info.p…4dab69ff41729c2

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NeM (5. Februar 2007 um 01:08)

• I would prefer the P88. But I think taht the GPDA 9 is nearly the same quality. The Colt there you must know, that the trigger is only single action, the other guns have a double action trigger. And the slice catch doesn`t really work automatically.

SSW: Valtro 98 Civil chrom, Reck Miami 92 F Nickel mit poliertem Lauf, Geco P217, Walther P99 Nickel, IWG Gouverneur Sports Club
    Co2:Sigma 40 F Aluschlitten, RWS C225

• Ok so there's no difference in the nickel quality because they're all from Umarex but exactly how realistic is Umarex's nickel??

I do want it to look as realistic as possible; and I know I should get the steel version then.. but I just think that €169,90 is too much for a first gun :p

I first want to see IF I like SSW's enough to buy a real expansive one...(still I want to buy the best 'not-really-expansive-one').

I'm still in doubt though, which one looks more realistic? The blue'd or the nickel GPDA9? (Same for P88... blue'd / nickel?)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, the steel inlet on the GPDA 9 is better because it'll probably last longer right? Since steel is tougher than zinc.

And I wish I could go to a shop near me... but since I live in the Netherlands. (Dont worry... this gun will be stored in Germany).
    Hmm how can I find a shop near me? I live 5km away from Elten / Emmerich.

Going to buy a GPDA 9

• I think that the best looking guns of these three is the FN Browning GPDA 9 in its black version.
    The one that looks most realistic according to details i think is the P88. The Browning, i have never seen the real gun i nickel version.
    I have never had the Colt Government model myself in SSW but i had the Walther P88 before and its a nice gun and pretty equal to the GPDA 9.
    The P88 has the biggest magazine of 10 shots of these three. The GPDA 9 has 9 shots.
    I think the slide catch works better on the P88 than the GPDA 9.
    The Colt do have single action trigger (wich shouldn´t bother me as much as you fire mostly in single action mode anyway).
    A gun that has good quality and feels genuin, is the Röhm RG96, who is a model of Heckler und Koch P8 (USP serie).

My favorite of these three: FN Browning GPDA 9 and black.

( Althou the P88 steel version is d..mn good looking!)

• Zitat

I think the slide catch works better on the P88 than the GPDA 9.

Can you try to explain why?
    =====================================================

Zitat

A gun that has good quality and feels genuin, is the Röhm RG96, who is a model of Heckler und Koch P8 (USP serie).

I know huh! It looks damn fine!!
    I'm now debating with some friends of mine on MSN Live which one to get... the GPDA9 or the RG96.

You guys've been a real help!!! :D

Going to buy a GPDA 9

• Here´s some picture of the two guns, wich one is more beautiful? Well , that´s a matter of taste.

The pictures below show the differences on the slide catches, the Browning has a more slim slide catch wich sticks out just a few millimeter. That ( i discovered ) makes it abit harder to work when you want to push it down since you have to press harder as it has a "low profile". If you take a look at the RG96 slide catch you see that it is more "user friendly" and is easier to operate because it sticks out more from the gun.

/// Daniel

• I think that the RG96 is just ugly, plus the front part looks bad imo (that thing below the barrel, you gotta see a front-picture)

@ Daniel: Where's that finger?! :crazy3: :D

• Eure englischen Sprachkenntnisse sind ja samt und sonders bewundernswert.

Mich würde aber mal interessieren, wenn einer von euch auf Deutsch in einem niederländischen Forum schreibt, ob die dann auf einmal auch alle auf Deutsch antworten ???

• I also prefer the P88.. a reliable and authentic looking SSW. The best money can buy at the moment.

PS: English is the leading language... Not "Deutch". Better get used to it!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Seawolf (6. Februar 2007 um 09:38)

• Seawolf

Man mag es nicht glauben, aber in Deutschland ist - glaube ich - noch die Sprache Deutsch führend.

Und um Verdächtigungen vorzubeugen: ich selbst halte mich vorwiegend im Ausland auf und bin sowohl des Englischen als auch anderer Sprachen mächtig.

Und übrigens: SSW wird man wohl im Englischen nicht verstehen: es bietet sich der Begriff blank firing gun an. Auf neumodisch vermutlich "BFG".

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Helfred (6. Februar 2007 um 09:48)

• Zitat

Original von Helfred
    Mich würde aber mal interessieren, wenn einer von euch auf Deutsch in einem niederländischen Forum schreibt, ob die dann auf einmal auch alle auf Deutsch antworten ???

Wohl eher nicht, da Deutsch keine internationale Sprache ist. Wenn hier ein Holländer auf Holländisch fragt, wird er auch Pech haben...

Zitat

Original von Seawolf
    PS: English is the leading language... Not "Deutch". Better get used to it!

Is Deutch what you get when you mix Dutch and Deutsch? :D

• Dieser Fred gleitet ab ins OT.

Nichtsdestotrotz (oder "nevertheless" für einige von euch), dies eine noch:
    Ich weiß nicht, inwieweit der eine oder andere von euch Auslandserfahrung hat.
    Aber abgesehen vom tatsächlichen angelsächsischen Sprachraum, ist Deutsch so unverbreitet nicht. Insbesondere in Osteuropa kann man auf erhebliche Personalresourcen mit Deutschkenntnissen zurückgreifen; in Shanghai gibt es sogar die deutschsprachige Tongji Universität (wo wir einen Teil des Personals auch rekrutiert haben).
    Selbst in den USA gibt es deutschsprachiges Personal, weil es doch an einigen Highschools unterrichtet wird (als Wahlfach); das hat selbst mich umgehauen.

Und jetzt in bestem Denglisch an die Mods:
    Sorry für Offtopic.

• That´s some nice pictures HWJunkie!
    The P88 is really beautiful in its nickel variant, i had the black one but i can admit that the nickel P88 is more beautiful.
    Colt looks good to.
    The only nickelplated gun i had was the Geco P225.
    Althou the nicest P88 i think, is the steel version.

/// Daniel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Daniel_79 (6. Februar 2007 um 16:50)

• Helfred
    Deine Ansichten in Bezug auf unsere schöne deutsche Muttersprache ehren Dich. Es macht mich froh, dass es trotz der gallopierenden Volksverblödung hierzulande noch andere Menschen gibt die so denken.

Priester

Die Leute klagen immer: ,,Die Zeiten werden schlimmer!''.
    Doch die Zeiten bleiben immer, nur die Leute werden schlimmer.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Priester (6. Februar 2007 um 13:59)