Es gibt 4 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 3.377 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (30. August 2010 um 13:20) ist von ulli s.

• My grandfather got hold of a good old Luger during WW2. No one knows how he got it (maybe a good thing), and after he passed my father has it. I've shot it a few times with ammo from 1943, I just fell in love with it. It's so different, so beautiful in its own way.
    My question is this. What is the best schreckschuss P08? I've been looking at ME, and they look pretty good.
    Any suggestions? Please answer in english...

Thanks in advance

A

• Well, the ME P08 ist the only one in production.
    If you want a new P08 blank firer, take this or hope for an unfired older one.
    And it ist the only one in 9mmPAK.

Now for the older ones:
    Record 08, IWC Parabellum 08, 8mmK:
    The ancestor of the ME P08, only the caliber is different (and the mag well of course)
    PTB 517 is ok, PTB480 tends to break at the holder of the mounting lever.
    Both might have problems with the weaker ammo today (especially PTB480), so check for reducing screw in the muzzle thread.

IWG Parabellum 08, Lange Pistole 08, .315K:
    It followed the Record, once again just different caliber and mag well.
    PTB700 standard barrel, PTB 701 long barrel (might be called Marine 08, but was never stamped this way).
    The locking hinge material changed to plastic to reduce moving weight.

All of them are optically nearly perfect copies of the real 08.
    Except maybe the Record PTB480 with its matte to semi glossy finish.
    The muzzle bore of the 8mmK versions is a little small.
    Technically they are completely differen to the real one, the locking hinge is just show, the gun works without (not recommend, though).

Then we have the Erma KGP690, 8mmK, PTB209 and 402.
    Completely different design, slightly downsized interpretation of the 08.
    Best quality of the blank 08s.
    Technically a little bit more like the real 08, the hinge really connects slide and mainspring.
    PTB402 might run with current ammo, PTB209 most likely not.
    Muzzle reducing screw should help.
    ---> This one was also available in .32ACP and .380ACP, with a little bit more steel of course, check for "Baby Luger" (the real baby was afaik a downsized prototype made by Luger in the 1920s, but the name was adopted).

But all of them tend to malfunction.
    The blank ammo, especially .315k and 9mmPA, has some problems in the magazines (bad diameter/length-ratio and cartridge shape in general).
    8mmK runs better (better d/l-ratio).

Best function should be able with the Erma, followed by Record/IWC PTB517, ME, IWG.
    But even the .315K ones have their bright moments, I fired two mags from a PTB701 with no problems (maybe the mounted Röhm-Kompensator increased pressure to a good working level).
    The PTB480 is not recommend for firing!
    The user won´t be hurt, but the gun will be at some point.

If you want to take a look at all of them (except the real "Babys" of course):
    http://www.stefan-henzel.privat.t-online.de/ssw/ssw-bildliste08.htm

Now please don´t ask which one you should buy, cause I can´t tell you.
    If you want a gun thats always working good: None.
    If you want one for its good looks: All of them.

Stefan

ps:
    The silver KGP690 was not available factory-made.
    It appears to be an aftermarket change of finish.
    So don´t count on finding this color!

• I own a "real" P08, and I think, the blank guns only appear on the first glance similiar to the real one. I had a "Record" - P08 blank gun, it broke after some hundred cartridges. Most of the have very simple wooden grips, the technical details are missing ..

I bought some months ago a softair "Ari" - P08 from WE, cause I always loved this old iron - and it is regarding look and handling much closer to the Original - and is really shooting quite accurate. Only disadvantage against a blank gun is the sound ..

• I own a "real" P08, and I think, the blank guns only appear on the first glance similiar to the real one. I had a "Record" - P08 blank gun, it broke after some hundred cartridges. Most of the have very simple wooden grips, the technical details are missing ..

I bought some months ago a softair "Ari" - P08 from WE, cause I always loved this old iron - and it is regarding look and handling much closer to the Original - and is really shooting quite accurate. Only disadvantage against a blank gun is the sound ..

I also have the WE P08 airsoft, which is excellent copy externally and functionally, better, than the gas-alarm versions. However, my guns' firing mechanism goes bad second time:-(( Junk inside. More for the vitrine than plinking.

And the gas-alarm P08s are also mostly for looking at, not firing:-(

Shame. Germans should be made a good P08 "freie waffe".

• Hi Gabor,

I had some trouble with the "hammer" of my WE, cause the axis of the roller fell out of its hole - fixed it with some glue and it works fine since then. The problem was to find out where this roll belonged too ;)

I even attached the removable stock with the original holster to the gun, nice semi - automatic carbine then .. and the long barrel gives a lot more pressure and accuracy.