LEP long weapons (rifles)

Es gibt 10 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 5.271 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (10. November 2007 um 18:55) ist von F600.

• Hello everyone.

If I wanted to have an LEP rifle, my best option would be to have a rifle here converted to LEP, as I know exporting a wbk weapon from germany would be very difficult.

What are the best candidates to transform into an LEP? (while keeping prices down) are generic .22 rimfire rifles good for such convertions? (even though I think .22 rimfire and .22 airgun calibers aren't exactly the same) what about .22 air rifles? is there one that could be turned into an LEP?

I don't know how easy it would be for a gunsmith here to manufacture and insert a .22 barrel into a bigger caliber gun, so I would like to use a gun that is already .22 for the conversion...

• Hmmm one personal quetion... where are you from? Thought LEP is completely illegal in England and an American...why should he want such a "garbage" like LEP

"Ohhh god, help us"
    "Divine Intervention is.............unlikely" *Pew*

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leeroy (10. November 2007 um 13:18)

• Well on the topic..i remember a Co2air user who had a 22. l.r. Rifle converted to 22. LEP..the Barrel itself was NOT changed, so in America without ridiculous European laws it should be really easy.
    But anyway, why LEP, if you can shoot 22. l.r. or high power air and Co2 pellet guns...

"Ohhh god, help us"

• Hi Javier

I think you should´nt let irritate you with the garbage discussion. Some people like the Mona Lisa and some people Andy Warhol´s tomato cans and some call it both "garbage".

On topic:
    If you export a converted LEP from germany its not a WBK-Rifle. It has the same legal status as the ME Bull-barrel or any original LEP.
    At the moment the fear of the LEP-Fans here is that a change in german gun-laws in April 2008 let converted LEP´s fall under the same legal restrictions as the fireweapons from which it was converted. For Example for a LEP-converted .44 Magnum you´ll need the same WBK as for the original weapon. Than the market for LEP-conversion´s will be "dead" here. But the outcome is not really clear.

LEP´s that are manufactured as LEP like that from http://www.me-sportwaffen.de/ would on my opinion not fall under the new restrictions.

I think you know this:
    Original .22 in LEP: LEP Falke Einzellader (Bellmannumbau)

It´s from here: http://waffen-bellmann.de/
    Click on "Freie Waffen"

Here AK74 als LEP
    a discussion about converting a AK47 to LEP.

Andreas

• Hi Javier

I don´t think that there are LEP-rifles existing that need an WBK or have over 7,5 J except if they were running out of the manufacturers specifications.

In germany you have to prove the requirement for buying a WBK-Gun. Requirement is sporting, but the only airgun sport with weapons above 7,5 J is Field-Target (Their weapons go until 16J).

Maybe some hunters have above 7,5 J airguns on their WBK, but thats an exception because hunting with airguns of any kind in germany is generally forbidden.

Ask the LEP-experts in this thread LEP/DLP Umbauten von Waffen aller Art im "Wandel der Zeit" - Technik rundum LEP`s (LEP-LEXIKON) if they think that there are any declared LEP-rifles which have over 7,5 J.
    I think all LEP (converted or original build as LEP) are free buyable for everybody over 18 years old, under 7,5 J and WBK-free.

The cause of a existing market for LEP-Conversions here is that it is the only possibility to get a weapon firing a bullet that looks like the original and functions nearly like the original fireweapon without needing a WBK for the buyer.

The only other possibility in germany is to buy a "deko", that´s a toy which cant load a cartridge because the rear end of the barrel ist closed, or one which ist converted firing only blank cartridges. So you can´t fire bullets with them.

Andreas

• Well, as I see it, the ME Bull Barrel is very close to 7.5J. The same cartridge in a longer barrel gun with no gap will easily double that. (Like the brocock safari and brocock predator rifles). As you may know in England there are 2 power limits, one for air rifles, and one for pistols (12ft/lb and 6ft/lb respectively).

I see that the german LEP rifles mentioned here have gaps to greatly reduce power. (I really dislike that!). That's why if I want an LEP rifle, I need to find a good candidate to convert here in the US.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tomahawk674 (10. November 2007 um 18:26)

• This is what i meant by that "it will be much easier in the USA"....your gunsmith will only have to chamber the weapon for the LE cartridge and convert it to central firing pin, no changes , slits or holes to the barrel.
    And 22. l.r. barrels will work with 22. airgun pellets, yes, 22 l.r. is a different design than airgun pellets, but this is no problem, a 22. l.r. bullet fits into the rifling by the great forces a gunpowder driven firearm uses, a 22 pellet fits the Barrel because its conic, funnel like opening at the back is widened and presses itself into the rifling when pressure is applied.
    A "diabolo" pellet wolud be destroyed by the forces in a "real" firearm i guess, in fact its a special design for "low" power airguns.

"Ohhh god, help us"

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leeroy (10. November 2007 um 18:47)

• Zitat

Original von Tomahawk674
    I see that the german LEP rifles mentioned here have gaps to greatly reduce power. (I really dislike that!). That's why if I want an LEP rifle, I need to find a good candidate to convert here in the US.

This is basically only when the rifles are for our home market. There is the possibility, that you let a gunmaker convert an old rifle to LEP for you. He will be more than happy not to have to resort to castrating it down to 7.5 joule and especially that he does not have to send it in to have it certified! Although I doubt that he will guarantee a certain energy level before actually testing the whole assembly.

Ihr Glück ist Trug und ihre Freiheit Schein:
    Ich bin ein Preuße, will ein Preuße sein!