Pellet weights for LEPs

Es gibt 4 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 1.218 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (9. November 2007 um 20:10) ist von Arkangel.

• Hello everyone.

When talking about pellets weights for LEP, what is the heaviest pellets you use? I remember someone here saying they like extra heavy barracudas. I just found those weigh about 21 grains! I didn't know such a heavy pellet would fire efficiently from an LEP gun.

Right now I am using RWS pointed (14.5 grains) and round .22 lead balls (15 grains). I do my shooting from 6 meters, and I notice no considerably difference between those two.

It's time to shop for new pellets and I was wondering about getting some heavy pellets to knock some cans down :D

Since I have to get them online I can't really experiment with pellet choice often, so I have to rely on your comments.

• While I don't usually shoot cans, I have found out that the heavier H&N Silver Point pellets are far more accurate than lighter pellets when fired out of my LEP 1911. I have no idea why this is. Mind you, I'm shooting distances of about 3 meters here, so for greater distances the micro-TACs' power might not be quite sufficient for these heavy pellets.

• The weight of the pellets depends on some circumstances:

Power of your BAC- Gun: If on the upper level, means not manufactured for the german market, it allows you firing Pellets even of the heavier types. Guns with less power will have problems shooting heavier ammo.

Distance& energy: Heavy weight will transfer more energy but will drop faster over the distance, more lightweight pellets will have a more straight flight before hitting the target but are easier influenced by sidewinds.
    For target shooting purposes choose the more lightweigt ones, for hunting or destroying the heavier ammo.
    Regards
    Marco

Jene,
    die ihre Schwerter zur Pflugscharen schmiedeten,
    pflügen nun für Männer,
    die ihre Schwerter behielten.

• My LEPs are are ME Bull Barrel and SAA, both .22

I shoot cans, but I set them down with the bottom facing me so it looks like a small round target. Most kinds of pellets will penetrate the bottom and come out the other side; only if I hit the very rim of the bottom of the can, it will dent it severely but not go through. The good thing is there is almost no ricochet.

I still want to hear from the LEP owner that uses the extra heavy barracuda pellets...

• I have tried them once, but they were not that good as the pellets from Eley- but don't ask me how they were
    called... got them loose from a friend and it's years ago. Pellets as well as the friend originated in GB.
    Regards
    Marco

Jene,
    die ihre Schwerter zur Pflugscharen schmiedeten,
    pflügen nun für Männer,
    die ihre Schwerter behielten.