My new sweetie

Es gibt 46 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 8.430 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (5. Februar 2007 um 21:47) ist von Manticore.

• Well, i´ve been talking about before, and now i did it. I finally ordered the "improved" Browning GPDA 9.
    I have seen thou that most of you guys have the nickelplated version, does´nt anyone like black guns?
    I just had to have it, althou i agree that the hammer isn´t that beautiful but in overall i like the gun.
    I ordered it from http://www.kaehny.de on the 17:th and got it yesterday, fast delivery!
    Here´s some pictures.

• @ daniel_79

Very nice pictures mate :)

Indeed the Browning's a very attractive handgun. I was just wondering by the way which kind of wepon laws you have in Sweden. Are they as restrictive as in Germany? Do free weapons in Sweden have any limitations concerning bullet energy or caliber? Which kind of weapons are being dealt as "free weapons" and which are not?

Do you have good opportunities to shoot your GPDA outside apart from new year`s eve? Is it allowed to use your gun outside your own ground/house anway? Somehow I imagine that shooting should be rather possible without annoying someone, as the density of population is not so big as in Germany (might be a stupid prejudice, you will correct me if I am wrong).

Sorry for the big bunch of questions, but it was too tempting to request these informations from you. :))

Sincerely,
    Eichlaub

Meine :F:-Sammlung: FWB 601, Baikal IZH53M, ME38 Compact, HW94, P88 Compact, RG100, RG96, TM Automag III Spring :n1:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Eichlaub (24. Januar 2007 um 13:38)

• Zitat

Originally posted by pdmber
    my firing-pin sits centrically with mine, as with yours browning ?!

That´s some nice pictures, nice to see that there is someone that have a black Browning gun too...
    Yes, my firing pin sits centrically.
    Have you had any troubles with your Browning during these 500 shots?
    How does your hammer look after 500 shots, does all the firing make any deep "crates" in the hammer?
    But i gotta hand it to you, the Browning is a beautiful gun, i really like it.

/// Daniel

• Zitat

Originally posted by Xiphogonium
    I'd like to have a closer look on that GPDA hammer's steel inlet ....

Mike

Hehe Mike, i guess your being ironic......?

• Eichlaub, no problem, i´m happy to answer your questions.

The weapons law in Sweden are very restrictive, when it comes to blank guns it is even harder in Sweden than in Germany.
    We have certain restrictions when it comes to free weapons, air guns such as air rifles, soft air guns, air pistols, Co2 weapons are free from 18-years of age but cannot exceed more bullet energy than 10Joule.
    As for an example, 10 Joule is about 200m/s i think in caliber 4,5mm (177), and i had an BSA Meteor before in 5,5mm that was free, BUT it had its maximum limit of 10Joule and as the 5,5mm bullet is abit heavier than 4,5mm, it travelled only in 160m/s, but it was still max at 10Joule.
    All air guns above 10 Joule demands gun license.

When it comes to blank guns its even harder. ALL blank guns ( exept cal: 6mm ) are under gun lisence. You cannot own a blank gun without gun lisence, weather PTB or not. 6mm blanks are the only ones thats free from 18-years of age.
    Its easier for me to seek for license since i already have for the others i have, and it costs about 25Euro per gun for license, the first gun costs 50Euro to get license, and you have to proove that you have a need for it. In my case, collecting.
    Blank guns are NOT ALLOWED to be used for: self defence, shooting fireworks, not even on new years eve.
    And when i shoot i have to go to a shooting range since its not allowed to shoot with it in public.
    In Sweden blank guns are used for: dog training, starting sports events or film making (or collecting).
    And if you read the above, you can understand that semiautomatic pistols are VERY RARE in Sweden.
    You cannot find pistols to buy in Sweden because there is no need for them. There only exists revolvers here (like the Röhm RG99 or smaller).

Dog training: A small revolver does just fine, why use a pistol that eject shell casings and look like a real gun, no need.

Sport events: Same reason as above.

Semiautomatic pistols are mostly used by criminals here as they get a minor jail time compared to use a real gun. :evil:

Blank guns was free from 18-years of age until 1985.
    Thats why i have to import my guns from Germany. Pistols doesnt exist in stores here,ore any blank gun for that matter.
    I can´t hardly use my pistols anywhere else than on the shooting range if i want to try it since there´s always people around somewhere. If i were to shoot outside here, police would get here quickly thinking i´m shooting with a real gun.
    And police here doesn´t like the Geco P225 much either since it looks like the gun Swedish police use, they use Sig Sauer P225 and P226.

/// Daniel

• Zitat

Originally posted by Flammpanzer

some people say, silver guns are sissy-guns ...
    I like them anyway. :n1:

and: cool close up pictures!

jens

Thanks, i like to take them pictures, but they are up to ten times bigger so i have to make them smaller in order to post them here.

/// Daniel

• Mike, yeah! It looks strange, just like an pin stuck into it!

pdmber, as far as i can see on the hammer it looks ok. The reason why i wonder too is that i had an Geco P225 that was made 2003 and im not sure how many rounds that had gone thru it but the hammer had an deep crater so it didn´t strike the firing pin hard enough.
    But if it looks like that after 500 shots,i´m not that worry. And i think it will take along time before i have gone thru 500 rounds.
    Have you had any troubles with the Browning at anytime?

/// Daniel

• i had no problems any time with the browning it works and works and works..... :n1: and this all for 89 € :new11:

SSW: Browning GP DA 9 "Improved Version"

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pdmber (24. Januar 2007 um 19:39)