LEPs (English)

Es gibt 8 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 2.934 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (27. Juli 2007 um 16:23) ist von Tomahawk674.

• Hello, and sorry for not being able to speak German...

I am coming to this forum since Germany is the only place I know where we can talk openly about Brococks without starting any controversy (unlike England).

I'm in the USA where we have no limits on airgun types or power except certain states :D

Thanks to a member of this forum I may be able to import a Me Bull .22 to my country, but it will take a long time. Meanwhile, I want to find out what's new in the LEP world. Since I can only read English, I know nothing more about development of LEPs since the ban in England from 2004.

Aside from the Cuno Melcher products, are there other brands of air cartridge weapons being made? what about modifications? are there people increasing the efficiency or these air revolvers? (like keeping air from escaping, etc) I know germany has the 6ft/lb power limit but we do not, and if improvements and enhancements can be made to base models, I'd like to know about it.

Also, are all air cartridges identical? or are there better brands, etc?

I would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me on the current status of the Air Cartridge gun scene.

Thank for, and again, sorry I can't post in your language...

• Dear Tomahawk674,
    the Brocock Cartridge hasn't been enhanced yet. Right now we have about 3 cartridge systems (Brocock, Deweco, SVW), but the Brocock is the most spread, cheapest and most important: still available. All 3 systems have the same power, leakage, durability etc and only differ in the outer dimension of the cartidge.
    You asked for LEP Revolvers:
    Of course we still have the Brocock revolvers which are still manufactured by ME-Sportwaffen and Weihrauch, but much more interesting are the altered live guns. The normal conversion into LEP involves two modifications: a new airgun barrel is glued or welded in into the old barrel and every chamber in the cylinder gets widened. After widening the cylinder the gunsmith glues in a alloy or steel sleeve with the inner dimension of the LEP cartridge. Due the strict gun laws a normal citizen is not allowed to buy live guns. But with a LEP gun you can buy at least a steel gun, which is capable of firing pellets.

BTW: as i remeber pyramidair has the ME Bull barrel in stock, but my suggestion is that you get a altered live gun!

• Thank you so much for your response.

I have heard of the live fire conversion to LEP before. Someone even gave me a link to a person in germany who does such conversions.

However, the price is what keeps me away from looking into that option, it's just too much for me. Keep in mind any air cartridge product I buy in germany I have to have shipped here, and that will be very expensive.

Sadly, there is nothing in the realm of air cartridge guns here in the USA, except some left over pistols at airgunsofarizona.com, a ME Para and some Texans, but I don't want either.

The top model brocock I can find on the internet for sale is the Me Bull. Does that have competition from another make or model?

Also, I only asked about LEP revolver because that is the only LEP hand gun type that I know of. Appart from rifles (which I don't want), have they invented another air cartridge hand gun? like a semi-auto?

Thanks again for the info.

BTW: would any Me Bull 5.5mm owners like to comment how happy they are with their gun? does it deliver the advertised 410fps?

• Zitat

Original von Tomahawk674
    Also, I only asked about LEP revolver because that is the only LEP hand gun type that I know of. Appart from rifles (which I don't want), have they invented another air cartridge hand gun? like a semi-auto?

Ther are conversins of pistols, for example this one: Heckler & Koch USP - LEP

But they don't work semiautomatic anymore. You' ll have to repeat the slide after each shot.

SSWs: Reck Miami 92F vernickelt, Reck Miami 92 und 2X ME 38 Compact 1X vernickelt
    Softairs: CA SLR 105 A1, HFC M92 CO2, ASG R-357, Mossberg M500 und eine billige Umarex Navy Commando
    Sonstiges: Recurvebogen, "Panzer II"-Armbrust und ne Schleuder

• I am only aware of one semiautomatic rifle, but it never reached commercial stage. Aside the LEP revolvers, there are also altered pistols. But due the lack of enough pressure you have to cycle them manually.
    Here is the site of a gunsmith who offers altered pistols and revolvers.
    I personally cannot recommend the Bull Barrel: in comparison to altered live guns it is too expensive and the frame is made of weak alloy. And because of the soft material, after swinging out the cylinder some time the crane will make deep tracks into the frame. You should also know that the manufacturer Weihrauch is regareded as good airgun manufactorer, but the live Weihrauch revolvers are below average (in fact they are mostly low budget guns).

• Zitat

Original von obietrice
    Man you live in the USA why don't you buy some of these guns?...

That is the difference between Tomahawk and you. He is satisfied with less than he might have and doesn´t complain about things he can´t have.

:F: Die einfachste Sicherheitsregel: Das dünne Ende ist gefährlich :F:
    S&W 586 in 6", Walther CP88, CP99, Lever Action long, Umarex Desert Eagle, Beretta 92FS, Px4 Storm; in der "Firma" HK G36 und P8
    FWR-Mitglied Nr. 30524

• Yeah there might be the difference.

I am happy about having a nice Airgun legaly in germany!

BUT I want some more! And I think I'm not the only one in this Forum.

I don't want to kill anybody or anything, but I like to shoot big guns! (I already did)
    And by looking to the future in germany and all over the world we all will need guns to protect ourselves. Maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but in the future.

But maybe I'm just a little bit paranoid.

:johnwoo:
    Man it's crazy out here, I have no fun, I can't walk the streets... without my gun!!!

• Hello again everyone.

I think it's very neat how they have managed to turn so many different firearms to LEPs, and perhaps it would be great to have one, but I just tool a look at those prices, and for a nice gun the price is just way over my head. Aside from that, I think that importing it would be even harder than a company made LEP, because it would have to be labeled "converted firearm" for US Customs, and that would sure set off some alarms coming into the country.

It's sad that the Me Bull isn't very high quality, but it will have to do for me. If I do get it I'll try to treat it like it's made of glass so it doesn't break.

Thanks again for all the info guys!