Blank guns advice

Es gibt 26 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 10.447 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (5. Oktober 2006 um 22:45) ist von Daniel_79.

• Hello,

My name is Daniel and i live in Sweden, since i´m having abit of hard time to understand german i´m hoping that you could help me with some tips.
    I currently own a Reck PK800 in cal: 8mmK and a Geco P225, but i´m interested in the Browning GP DA 9, or the Walther P88 Compact.
    What guns would be the best of these three:

* Walther P88 Compact
    * Browning GP DA 9
    * Geco P225

As i said a already have the Geco P225 but i´m thinking of getting a new gun since i had some problems with the firing pin on the P225.
    Althou i must say that the quality on the Reck PK800 is great, my gun has the year mark " IJ " ( 1989?) and is abit worn,but it functions great,never jams thou its age!

Best regards/ Daniel

• Hi,

I think, the "old" Browning GP DA9 (not the Improved version), is the Best, but i don´t know about the Walther P88! :confused2:

The Best is, buy the Browning GP DA9 and the Walther P88! ;)

• Thanks for the reply,

But i read at the tests on the Browning that many people don´t like the DA on the gun?!?
    I´m interested in the gun but i want a gun with good quality.
    I will probably order it from germany ( http://www.kaehny.de )

I did order a Walther PP awile ago but i didn´t like the barrel all because it looked so thin and silly,

• GPDA9 is a high quality gun, sorry, my english is bad, but, i think its one of the best blank guns, and one of the safest...
    But the P88 is a gun of good quality, too...
    I would take both of them *lol*

MfG
    andyp99 :winke:

• Well, what do you say about the Geco P225?
    Is the Browning better than the Geco?

I had some problems with my P225 with the firing pin, it did fire. So my friend at work did a nice job extending to 1,3mm longer. Now i just has to testfire it. It was to short first so the firing pin only touched the shells, never striking them as hard to go off.

• WELCOME to the board!

WALTHER P88 and BROWNING GPDA 8 / 9 are both produced by UMAREX.
    And in quality quite equal.

I would take the P88 - but at least your taste will make the decision.

+ + +

By the way: what about the Swedish Gun Law?
    - Are Blank Guns free (i.e. if your are older then 18 yrs);
    is it allowed to carry them for self defence?
    - what about air guns? are there any limits (like 7.5J in Germany for the free version)

Thank you very much for your answers in advance!

5-atue

Fördermitglied des VDB.

• Maybe i just order a black Browning...

Well, the swedish gun laws is abit other than german.

Blank guns: In sweden you have to have licens to own a blank gun, althou many people have them anyway without license because nobody cares that much about it. Some swedish stores on the net even sell blank guns with 18 years of age. And yes, they are fairly easy to get, on the private market. I can sell a gun here by the double price than in germany. They are harder to get in stores thats why you can sell them much more expensive.

Air guns: Yes , we have a limit of maximum 10J in sweden to be free, all over 10J and you need license.

Regards/// Daniel

• The old version of the PP had a normal barrel, only the actual one has this silly barrel.

There are many good guns, the best are modified former reel steal guns. I've got an Webley&Scott Mk. IV, build 1946 in Birmingham (caliber .38 S&W) modified to a blank gun (.380 K)in 1992, PTB 257

Or one from ERMA, like the EGP 75S (PPK-Clone), but this firm is not more existent, so you'll only get used guns, but those blank fireing guns are the best quality.

Look here:

Gewehr: Erma EGG 1

Pistole: ERMA EGP 45

Pistole: ERMA EGP 55

Pistole: ERMA EGP 75 S

Pistole: ERMA EGP 881

Pistole: ERMA EGP65 + EGP315

Pistole: Erma KGP 690

Revolver: Erma EGR 66 und Schwestermodelle

Revolver: Erma EGR 77 mit 4"-Lauf

Here are some pics of my Walther PPK (8mm K) and the EGP 75S (build 1986):

"Was unterscheidet letztendlich den freien Menschen vom Sklaven? Geld? Macht? Nein! Der freie Mensch hat die Wahl, der Sklave gehorcht!"
    -Wenn du im Sarg liegst, haben sie dich das letzte Mal reingelegt!-

• That´s some nice pictures, i liked the rifle.
    If you sold that rifle in Sweden you could sell it for about 600 Euro. I have never seen a blank firing rifle in sweden before.

Yes, i was abit sad when i got my new Walther PP and it had that thin barrel, i thought it would have the thick barrel as the picture on http://www.keahny.de had.
    Does the new Browning have the thin barrel or only the small guns?
    I would like post some pictures here but i can´t because they are to big. :(
    Then i could show you my P225 and my Reck PK800.

• The PP on Kaehny's site is the old one...

And those blank firing rifles with PTB are rare, there are only 3 models:

-Reck Lever Action (.22 long blank)
    -ERMA EG 294 (Lever Action Rifle, .22 long blank)

and the EGG 1 which is the only semi auto blank firing rifle.

The Browning-models (old an improved) have a normal barrel, but I like the old version, because it's got a steel cock.

The Walther PPK is a modified PK 800, so if you're looking for spare parts, the most parts of the actual Walther PPK .315K are fitting to the PK 800 (except of magazines, but those of the Walther PPK 8mm are fitting too, except the 10 round magazine)

"Was unterscheidet letztendlich den freien Menschen vom Sklaven? Geld? Macht? Nein! Der freie Mensch hat die Wahl, der Sklave gehorcht!"

• Zitat

Originally posted by germi
    The PP on Kaehny's site is the old one...

And those blank firing rifles with PTB are rare, there are only 3 models:

-Reck Lever Action (.22 long blank)
    -ERMA EG 294 (Lever Action Rifle, .22 long blank)

and the EGG 1 which is the only semi auto blank firing rifle.

But in Sweden you are not sticked to the PTB prove and therefore there are nice other guns around. Bruni for example makes a nice Winchester in 8mmK. Take a look here for some nice blank fire weapons: http://www.gazpisztoly.hu

----------------------- Jäger der verlorenen Erma's ------------------------
    --
    - Waffen- & Munitionssachverständiger, Spezialgebiet Erma ---
    ------------ bitte hier mithelfen, damit es hier weitergeht ------------

• Zitat

Originally posted by Gabor VASS
    "for example makes a nice Winchester in 8mmK. "

Hmm... "nice" is not compatible word with any gas-alarm gun MADE IN ITALY.

The "scrap, junk, rubbish" comes to my mind first.

Even turkish guns are much-much better.

BUT: buy German, Czech or Russian.

I agree Gabor but for multiple shot blank fire rifles there are not much to choose from on the worlld wide market and for a Winchester model the Erma EG294 works fine but has the shot out on the top and the Reck LA does not realy work with it's .22lr loading system. My thought was that the Bruni Winchester has at least a realistic loading system and has a shoot out through the barrel or am I wrong?

--

• " My thought was that the Bruni Winchester has at least a realistic loading system and has a shoot out through the barrel or am I wrong?
    "

These are originally top-firing...than you screw out the red plug, and voila, you have a front-firing gun.:-))

BUT for blankfiring long guns, I would choose a salut-umbau any day.

Steel, wood, sometimes historic significancy, a lot of moving parts....

The Bruni rifle is about 140-150 euros here, a little more, and you can get a Mosin-Nagant in .45 Knall/8 mm Knall.

• Zitat

Originally posted by Gabor VASS
    .... BUT for blankfiring long guns, I would choose a salut-umbau any day.

Steel, wood, sometimes historic significancy, a lot of moving parts....

The Bruni rifle is about 140-150 euros here, a little more, and you can get a Mosin-Nagant in .45 Knall/8 mm Knall.

But these nice rifles are hand loaded single shot only and have the shoot out on top as well (at least here in Germany). Would be superb to get an multiple shot version with the shoot out at the front of the barrel. The only option for that in Germany would be a two barrel shotgun with 9mmR conversion.

--

• @Daniel_79
    i already heard, that gas-wapons are not allowed in sweden... ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Derringer (5. Oktober 2006 um 12:38)

• Yes, they are allowed in Sweden, but you need license to own them.
    But these guns are not allowed for self defence. Here they are used for starting "sprint runners" or dog training, then often small caliber revolvers.
    Pistols, are more rare, they are used as more self defence, collectors, or in some cases bankrobbers.

• In Germany you only need a license to carry them ready to fire in a holster for self defense. If you're transporting them (without cartridges an in a bag) this license is not necessary. To buy them you'll only have to be over 18.

And it's forbidden to carry them on a public event, and they must have the PTB-sign in a circle (to get them free at the age of 18). All blank firing guns that haven't this sign are not free and you need the same license as for a reel steel-gun.

• Here, you not allowed to use any weapons for self defence, exept for peppar-spray.
    Do you have high crime rates in Germany involving blank guns since you only have to be 18 to buy them?
    Does the Browning not have a steel cock, hammer i asume?? Plastic hammer?