A little help with my Sport Modell 33 junior?

Es gibt 8 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 2.033 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (11. Mai 2013 um 21:41) ist von fahnenschmied.

• Hello folks,

I just managed to find an old Haenel 33 junior, which is in need of some bits - mainly the handguard, the barrel bands, the sights, and the cleaning rod. I plan on making these parts, except for the rear sight . Perhaps someone could give me the measurements of the front sight base...the spot of solder where it was isn't intact enough to guess the size. Before I got the gun in my hands I thought I could cut down a Gew98 kornsattel...now I am not so sure. Also I'd like a photograph showing the underside of the lower barrel band. None of the photos on this website show clearly how the ends are shaped and jointed together. Could someone be so kind as to measure the thickness of the stahlblech used to make both the front and the rear barrel band? I don't really need any other measurements, as I can see from the stock how wide it was.

I thought the rear sight would be easy, until I looked close at it. It will have to be a job for both the milling machine and the file. I have searched all over for somebody who makes a similar screw sight without success. I also tried to find a similar sight from some other air rifle, without much luck.. I gather from the last post that they are not to be easily had. If someone does make measurements, I would be glad to see them.

Thanks for any help, with my Haenel far from home!

• Hello folks,

I just managed to find an old Haenel 33 junior, which is in need of some bits - mainly the handguard, the barrel bands, the sights, and the cleaning rod. I plan on making these parts, except for the rear sight . Perhaps someone could give me the measurements of the front sight base...the spot of solder where it was isn't intact enough to guess the size. Before I got the gun in my hands I thought I could cut down a Gew98 kornsattel...now I am not so sure. Also I'd like a photograph showing the underside of the lower barrel band. None of the photos on this website show clearly how the ends are shaped and jointed together. Could someone be so kind as to measure the thickness of the stahlblech used to make both the front and the rear barrel band? I don't really need any other measurements, as I can see from the stock how wide it was.

I thought the rear sight would be easy, until I looked close at it. It will have to be a job for both the milling machine and the file. I have searched all over for somebody who makes a similar screw sight without success. I also tried to find a similar sight from some other air rifle, without much luck.. I gather from the last post that they are not to be easily had. If someone does make measurements, I would be glad to see them.

Thanks for any help, with my Haenel far from home!

you are not alone with your problem...look for help here..http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/ .this shop manufactured old pieces in nearly future..sorry for my bad early breakfastenglish :(

Haenel, what else?

• Some progress....I have made a Ladesperre, as mine was missing one. I can't find an exploded view of the 33 Junior, and so I was not sure what sort of trigger spring it should have. A mangled bit of spring fell out when I unstocked it, it looked like it might have pressed on the end of the Abzugstange. After much profanity I got the spring straight enough and sure enough, the old thing cocks and will shoot out a ball! So much more lucky than on my 49a, where I had to drill the Stossrohrchen out! Now I just need a good view of the bottom of the rear barrel band...

Hmmmnn....."Breakfastenglish" makes me crave German breakfast food. Mettwurst, Teewurst, Schinkenwurst, Brotchen - all just as hard to find here as Haenel spare parts.

• Well, here a photo of my crusty old rifle. I have already begun to polish the bolt. I have repaired the fiit of the bolt to the cocking arm - there was only half a pin in that hole. You can't see the Ladesperre I made in this photo, only the original one. Happy that it functions with so little work!

I am tempted to cut a handguard out of an old 310 stock - but perhaps I can find an old Israeli Kar98 handguard, or even an old dough rolling pin to cut one out of. Beechwood isn't too common here in the states.

Would still appreciate a good closeup of a barrel band or rear sight...

Thanks

Dave

Blast - my photo is too big, and I am not sharp enough to cut it down...perhaps later..