Hydraulic stabilizer by Excalibur Exomax

Es gibt 4 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 1.839 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (4. Juli 2007 um 02:57) ist von Carreau d'As.

• Hello !

I'm brand new in this forum, and I'm very sorry if I've to write in it in English (my written German is too poor right now), but I already have a question : I just bought an Excalibur Exomax (by Wolfszeit, really tip top service) together with some extra items, included an Excalibur hydraulic stabilizer.
    Right now, I'm wondering if it's really worth to mount it on the crossbow as it's making impossible to mount a quiver or a bipod, I had to move the sling attachment further back and it's all in all much less "esthetic" than the standard washers and bolts.

What do you think ?

• dont have any experience with the hydraulic stabilizers.
    but have asked myself if they would reduce jumping of my exocet when fired(ive no stabs installed).
    (there is a noticable movement in the up-direction during the shot)
    think you have to answer the question by trying out and
    FEELING the difference. between mounted absorber and without.

the looks - issue is not an issue for me when accuracy is concerned.

better information concerning stabilizers would be avaliable in the excalibur forum canada.
    there are some guys that do serious target shooting and for sure are willing to help you.

looking forward to your reports

cu

ben

asdf

• ich werds versuchen:

er kann nicht so gut deutsch wie man sich schon denken kann...

er ist neu im forum
    hat eine exomax bei wolfszeit(super service) im ein paar extras gekauft.
    eben auch einen HYDRAULISCHEN STABILISATOR
    er möchte wissen ob es wirklich wert ist diesen STAB
    auf s exomax zu montieren da er
    dadurch keinen pfeilköcher oder bipod mehr montieren kann
    und seine trageriemenbefestigung dadurch verschieben mußte.
    er meint auch daß dieser stab auch nicht so ästhetisch aussieht.

konnte ihm nicht viel dazu sagen als daß
    auch meine exocet beim schuß springt und ich mir so einen STAB auch mal überlegt habe
    daß er aber
    selbst den unterschied ausüprobieren muß um auf den unterschied zu kommen
    und dann hoffentlich hier zu berichten.
    habe ihn auf das englische excal forum verwiesen (dort verwenden auch einige STABILiSATOREN für ihre excals.)

vielleicht weiß sonst noch jemand was...

cu

ben

asdf

• Thank you for the answer and translation !

According to Günter Wetzler from Wolfzeit, to whom I asked the question too, a stabilizer can give you a few extra points while target shooting and protecting your scope from this upward jump when shooting.

But hobby shooters and hunters could find it cumbersome and he added that everybody has to find out by himself. So, I'm going to try out with and without it, and also check for changes in grouping.