Geco P225 - Problems with the slide catch and the firing pin

Es gibt 29 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 8.127 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (9. Oktober 2006 um 18:45) ist von Daniel_79.

• Ok, i´m sure you talked about this before on this forum, and i have tried to understand german language with little progress.
    Now to the subject. as i mention earlier i was interested in the Browning but i do like the P225 because its so beautiful.
    I have the nickel version with PTB 775, i read alot of tests and reweiws of different blank guns and almost every gun seems to have some problems! What is the quality on blanks guns really?

I have two problems with my Geco P225, first of all , the slide catch doesn´t work as it should because it locks on the magazine and not on the slide catch, Therefore when i remove my magazine the slide slams forward, if i want to keep the slide back i have to hold the slide catch up with my thumb and with the otherhand relase the magazine. But to no use, if i put in a new magazine i have to pull the slide further back so it can take around with it on the way. But ok, i minor factory miss i guess.

BUT, here´s the deal with the biggest problem, the firing pin.... when i got the gun (second hand) and went out to fire it, it klicked...several times. The gun won´t go off.
    So i investigated the problem and it looked like the firing pin was to short!
    It only struck the round gently, it didn´t strike it hard enough.
    So i took it apart and let my handy friend weld it on the hammer end, extended it to 1,3mm longer. Now ,the gun always fire!
    Yesterday i shot six magazines (42 round) without any missfires.
    Does Geco make these firing pins to short or do they get like this by time?? Have anyone else with a Geco P225 experienced this problem?
    I really like this gun and i would like to keep it but im not sure of its quality.

And last, how do i show pictures here? I have some short movies too i like to show you with before and after welding the firing pin. ???

• The problem with the slide catch is not a new one. It was never functional. The problem is, that the catch is to short so the slide hangs always on the magazine.

On my P225 sometimes the slide catch works, sometimes not.

And Geco is not the producer of this gun. They've never produced such guns. They let other manufacturers produce guns with their label:

P35-1: H.S.-Waffentechnik
    P35-2: H.S.-Waffentechnik
    Mod. 1910: H.S.-Waffentechnik
    P217: ERMA-Werke
    P225: Umarex (also produced as Reck Police or Reck Defender)

"Was unterscheidet letztendlich den freien Menschen vom Sklaven? Geld? Macht? Nein! Der freie Mensch hat die Wahl, der Sklave gehorcht!"
    -Wenn du im Sarg liegst, haben sie dich das letzte Mal reingelegt!-

• Thanks for the reply germi.

How about the firing pin, ever had that problem? I had to weld mine so it became longer.

Can i show movie clips here and pictures?

///Daniel

• Pictures are no problem. You could upload them with the button "Dateianhänge" when you make a reply here, up to five picture per post an they should not be larger than 98 kb.

Videos:

https://www.co2air.de/wbb2/jgs_db.ph…at&katid=4&sid=

"Was unterscheidet letztendlich den freien Menschen vom Sklaven? Geld? Macht? Nein! Der freie Mensch hat die Wahl, der Sklave gehorcht!"

• Well well, it seems to work but it seems i can only upload one picture at the time, is it 98kb for all togheter?

• No, 98 per picture. Hmm, strange..in this Pop Up where you upload this pictures, what number comes after "Maximale Anzahl an Dateianhängen"?

Ok, here is my PP, PTB 620, build 1999:

• Your Walther PP looks alot better than my did germi. I had that thin silly barrel. That´s why i sold it. If it would have the barrel you have i would have kept it. I will upload some pictures of it soon.

• Here´s some pictures of the Walther PP i sold with PTB 765 i htink it was. Look at that thin barrel! Why did they do that?

• This is the normal barrel. At the PTB-Version 620 they have made zinc-alloy arround the barrel, at 765 they don't do this.

I think it's because minimizing production costs. Other firms which are building blank guns do the same with some models.

And the market for such guns is not the same as 2002..problem was the new weapon law here in germany. Media and some politicians have made the people crazy with some wrong informations... :evil:

Then the people sell their blank firing guns and don't buy new ones.

And you could not find an actual gun with good quality of the PK 800, except guns from Röhm or Weihrauch, those guns are good too. Or a used ERMA.

• That´s a shame, as i collect on these guns i would like them to look as real as possible.
    Now i was turning my attention to the Sig Sauer P239 or a new Geco P225, but black one.
    But i read that the P239 has some problems with the slide so i don´t know what to do.

• My advice:

Take a Weihrauch HW 94, it's something special. It's the only pistol that fires .380 K (Revolver cartridge).

Pistole: Weihrauch HW94 Stainless-Steel-Look

• and i just found out that basically Sweden is the only country that have license demand on blank firing guns. Thats silly and sucks! :evil:
    All other countries in Scandinavia have them free!
    Oh right, i forgot! The Röhm RG99 revolver...is it double or single action?

• RG 99 has a SA/DA-system. You could shoot both.

• The HW 94 is at the moment the best blank pistol. And the gun have a real steel hammer.

• Hmmm, maybe the HW 94 could be something, because i want quality! I want a gun that i can trust.
    But if i would get a Röhm RG99 it would probably be a new one, because i can only order from germany. These big bore guns are very rare in Sweden, they mostly sell small caliber revolvers here.