Is this a ME38?

Es gibt 14 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 3.871 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (6. September 2007 um 15:05) ist von harryumpf.

• No, it´s a Arminius HW38.
    The ME38 has nothin to do with Weihrauch/Arminius.
    Edit:
    The Bull Barrel is sold from ME, but the Revolver is from Weihrauch, same thing with the ME SAA !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ROXEN (31. August 2007 um 23:37)

• ME didn`t only sell the Weihrauch manufactured "Bull-Barrell", which quality is much better than their own ME-products. There are still some examples of a ME-Weihrauch revolver in LEP with 6-inch barrell on the market, but they are very rare.

:W: ir sind konservativ! :new11: http://www.zentralzuender.de

VDB Fördermitglied, FWR & GRA Mitglied

Mitglied im VdW und der FESAC

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von harryumpf (2. September 2007 um 00:07)

• I have read (but it could be wrong) that it was Weihrauch who built the Orion 6. That's supposed to be the best (purpose made) LEP pistol ever.

I also read (again could be wrong) that they are still making them to have them sold by brocock.

I have seen a Polish website with brocock models that appear to be new, but are making them with a huge gap in the cylinder (to avoid coversion I guess) but they look so ugly I wouldn't buy one.

• Zitat

Original von Tomahawk674
    I have read (but it could be wrong) that it was Weihrauch who built the Orion 6. That's supposed to be the best (purpose made) LEP pistol ever.

I also read (again could be wrong) that they are still making them to have them sold by brocock.

I have seen a Polish website with brocock models that appear to be new, but are making them with a huge gap in the cylinder (to avoid coversion I guess) but they look so ugly I wouldn't buy one.

It is no mistery, that Weihrauch was building LEP (here Brockock-System Revolvers, looking alike the HW38, with barrell length from 2.5" to 6") that were/are sold in GB. Also ME was/is manufacturing a Single Action Revolver (similar to the ME 900 SA blanket cartridge revolver), in LEP.

And you are also right, the revolvers produced for the english market have allways the huge gap in the cylinder (I think it is because of the awsome and strange british gun laws).

The revolver I was talking about bevore, is a real piece of 6" , with no gap in the cylinder (like the ME-Bull Barrell), produced for the german market by Weihrauch (for ME).

• Yes, Hammer Arms is located in one of the northern european countries.
    The revolving guns with the huge gap in the cylinder were not produced for
    the british market. Since the last gun regulation act, from whereon the production and
    selling was illegal, BAC- Guns are no longer available in GB. It is even forbidden to sell
    them privately. I have myself been looking for an Orion 6" for a long time on the german market
    but I have never found one. Based on the same model as the ME Bull Barrel, it must be an awful
    precise gun (for an precharged cartridge gun).
    Regards
    Marco

Jene,
    die ihre Schwerter zur Pflugscharen schmiedeten,
    pflügen nun für Männer,
    die ihre Schwerter behielten.

• Once upon a time, when LEP`s came out in Germany, there was a companion for the ME-BULL Barrel (4"-Barrel), looking like an HW38 but with 6"-steel barrel, sold by Mecher.

There where only a few pieces of this revolver manufactured (I fortunately got one of them, but I sold it in a crazy mood :nuts:) - not realy looking like the ORION (it has a barrel cover), but with real 6"-barrel and no gap in the cylinder, adjustable sights - a fine piece of metal - produced like the ORION by Weihrauch / Arminius.

• Zitat

Original von Tomahawk674
    Why don't you people in Germany give Weihrauch a call? Perhaps they have some of the models we're talking about left over?

A good idea, the model is exactly called "ME Competition 6-inch". Another menber, who got this model gave me this hint. The model was not in the ME-catalogue and could only be ordered directly from ME. Like I told before, there were only some pieces on the german market. Perhaps we should ask ME, not Weihrauch - because it was produced under ME-license only.

I will send a email today to ME, let us see what happens. ;D

• Zitat

Original von harryumpf

A good idea, the model is exactly called "ME Competition 6-inch". Another menber, who got this model gave me this hint. The model was not in the ME-catalogue and could only be ordered directly from ME. Like I told before, there were only some pieces on the german market. Perhaps we should ask ME, not Weihrauch - because it was produced under ME-license only.

I will send a email today to ME, let us see what happens. ;D

So, I have already sended a message to ME - hopefully it will come up now, if I can buy back my sweetie :cry: ;D :n17: :n1: