Uberti Cattleman 1873 BACS LEP AIR

Es gibt 87 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 18.197 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (6. Mai 2022 um 00:26) ist von NC9210.

• I do not understand. AC is not equivalent to 1977?

AC is the equivalent to 1977. But it should be shown in a square anywhere on the frame or barrel, like these:

1975, 1976 and 1989... source the sourceful WWW....

it is possible that my revolver was not initially manufactured as LEP, because all the pieces are the same in the fire version. The only LEP pieces are the cylinder and the barrel. These two pieces can be easily replaced. Maybe the frame of my revolver belonged to a firearm in 1977.

It is probably similar to the blank shooters: Everthing but the cylinder and the barrel is produced like the and with the originals.
    And I can not imagine, that especially the barrel could be replaced easily...that would destroy the weapon for safety reasons.

• it is possible that my revolver was not initially manufactured as LEP, because all the pieces are the same in the fire version. The only LEP pieces are the cylinder and the barrel. These two pieces can be easily replaced. Maybe the frame of my revolver belonged to a firearm in 1977.

In this case it would be an illegal weapon according to the EU regulation because it was only converted afterwards. Pray that this is not the case and delete all pictures and posts that refer to it :D

But I think this is nonsense.

On the picture here is a stamp for the year of manufacture. You can also find this on factory photos of Uberti weapons.

Marking AA 1975

In diesem Fall wäre es nach EU-Verordnung eine illegale Waffe, weil sie erst nachträglich umgebaut wurde. Bete, daß es nicht so ist, und lösche alle Bilder und Posts, die darauf hinweisen :D
    Ich denke aber, das ist Humbug.
    Auf dem Bild hier ist so ein Stempel für das Herstellungsjahr. Das findest Du auch auf Werksfotos von Uberti-Waffen.

• Sieh an, auch ein 1975er ;)
    Wollte ich eigentlich schon gestern Abend posten, aber das Forum war total im Eimer und ließ mich nicht ran.

...ja, das Forum zickt gerade wieder ein wenig...
    Die Bilder sind (leider) nur ein Beispiel aus dem WWW. Habe ich selber nicht, da ich ja in der Hauptsache Cattlemänner mein Eigen nenne, und die sind erst so roundabout 1990 als SSW aufgetaucht...(also die von Uberti...)

• I thought about asking Uberti directly. I will send you the codes of my revolver.My revolver has three different codes. There are two different codes in the frame. There is another code in the cylinder and the loading door (the same). But no code has a square symbol.

Wem gehört diese Schweinestall?

• I thought about asking Uberti directly. I will send you the codes of my revolver.My revolver has three different codes. There are two different codes in the frame. There is another code in the cylinder and the loading door (the same). But no code has a square symbol.

... good idea. I am curious about the answer.
    In general I was thinking of these statements as known facts:

The several signs on an Uberti could be:
    PN stands for the black powder (Pulvere Negro) proof.
    PSF with a crest with two crossed rifles on both barrel and cylinder
    stands for smokeless powder (polvere senza fumo).
    A two letter code in a square was implemented to date firearms. The code dating applies to all Italian firearms.
    A matching serial can be found on the frame, the loading gate, the cylinder and the triggerguard under the grips (after removing them).

• Siehst doch auf seinen Bildern, daß an dem Ding scheinbar alles weggelassen wurde, Schwarzbau durch und durch. :whistling:
    Kann man nur noch nach Deutschland verschenken, dann gehen hier die Behörden durch die Decke, das Fest will ich nicht verpassen :nuts:
    Es sei denn, unter dem Ausstoßer steht noch irgendwas versteckt, mal abschrauben...

• Siehst doch auf seinen Bildern, daß an dem Ding scheinbar alles weggelassen wurde, Schwarzbau durch und durch. :whistling:
    Kann man nur noch nach Deutschland verschenken, dann gehen hier die Behörden durch die Decke, das Fest will ich nicht verpassen :nuts:
    Es sei denn, unter dem Ausstoßer steht noch irgendwas versteckt, mal abschrauben...

Naja, @Birdman sitzt in Spanien, da kann ihm egal sein, was Behörden hier sagen.
    Aber es stimmt schon, auf den vielen Bildern ist wenig Markierung zu sehen. Habe aber auch schon mal gelesen, dass Markierungen unter dem Abzugschutz verborgen waren...evtl. ja auch unter dem Ausstoßer... wer weiß.
    Vielleicht bekommen wir ja hier noch mehr Info. :huh:

• It has just about 3 joule, pumping the cartridges is a fuckin' pain in the arse and it looks like it has been build 150 years ago...nobody ever needs such a thing.... ;)

5.5 mm and 450 fps; that's more than 3 joules ;)

Wem gehört diese Schweinestall?

• This afternoon I will post the photographs of all visible codes on my weapon

As far as I could find out:
    The Colt U73 pistol A. Uberti model Cattleman S. A. (10940) is a common firing weapon (catalog number 10940). Produced by A. Uberti and called Colt 1873 Cattleman S. A .. It has a barrel.
    The minimum length of the gun is 280mm. The feeding system is: magazine with 6 cartridges. The weapon operates in rotation compressed air and belongs to class C9 (compressed air pistols).
    Presented by Merlino Giacomo legal representative of A. Uberti. The country of production is: Italy.
    The A. Uberti Colt 1873 Cattleman S. A. (10940) pistol is available in the following calibers:
    In caliber 5,5 mm with 140mm length.

So: 10940 is the catalouge number, 020 is the overall matching serial. AC3 is ...don't know, maybe the same meaning as class C9....?
    The official release date of that kind of weapon seems to be the 2/11/1998 (data gazz.uff., stands for data gazzetta ufficiale in several catalogues).
    @Birdman : Please inform us here what Uberti has to say about the numbers. I still don't know, why there is no dating code on that revolver. No PN nor PSF is needed here, because that revolver was never meant to fire any bullets with powder...so it was built like that and NOT rebuilt.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von leaf hound (11. März 2020 um 20:56)

• Thank you very much !!! :D

You're welcome...don't hesitate to drop a like ;)

I gave it a second thought:
    "A two letter code in a square was implemented to date firearms. The code dating applies to all Italian firearms."
    The date code of the firearm is the first shot with the gun, not necessarily but mostly the manufacturing date as well. As it is here a true LEP gun, there is not shooting mark with powder (PN or PSF) and as a consequence there was never a powder-shot with that gun.
    No shot - no marks. Just a theory, but it seems to be plausible.

Da das eine "geborene" Luftpumpe ist, gibt's auch keinen Erstbeschuß, oder? Kein Pulver-Beschuß-Stempel, nichts... möglicherweise daher auch nicht ungewöhnlich. :whistling:

• Das dürfte die richtige Erklärung sein.
    Das sind Beschußstempel.

Weise einen intelligenten Menschen auf einen Fehler hin und er wird sich bedanken.
    Zeige einem dummen Menschen einen Fehler und er wird dich beleidigen.