Umarex Walther PK380 Question

Es gibt 11 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 6.508 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (26. April 2013 um 23:11) ist von Motorbiker.

• Hello and excuse me for my English, but my German is just terrible.

Today I recieved my new Umarex PK380 and I have one question about it.

After trying to put this gun on parts, I found that not every time I can reasemble it quicky and easily. Maybe this is because it is a new one, but the slide sometimes just does not fit fast and easy.

And after several times of removing the slide, now I have a lots of scratches on the barrel and the black paint is... Well scratched :)

Is this normal or... I am facing a kind of a problem with my gun here?

Really thanks for the help!

PS: I mean I have a lots of scrathes without a single shot yet :) Just because of...

• Dude, this Guy is asking about a scratched Barrel, not an exploded Diagram :P

As far as I know, this is fairly normal. Most Guys on here polished the Part where the Barrel is visible through the Ejection Port.

• Thank you all. The scratches are normal obviously. But I have a new problem :(

I am inserting 3-4 bullets in the magazine, then the magazine is added in the gun. Then I manually put the first bullet in the barrel. The safety is on "S" as "safe". Then pulling the trigger and... Bum! I have a shot :(

I think this is not right. Why it is shooting, when the safety is on?

• I think you've confound "safe" and "fire".

Is the safety on the top or on the downest position? I hope you understand what I mean.

If you want so safe the pistol you have to put it down.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von _Robert_ (26. April 2013 um 14:54)

• Yes, sorry :) Stupid question...

Anyway... The scratches are... too much and they look ugly :(
    And all this happened because ot 4-5 disassemblies... And 10-15 shots total. Are you guys sure that this is normal?

Can someone post some pics about the same problem?

Thank you!

• The problem with MOST blank firing guns is that the "outer" barrel is made of zinc instead of steel. This zinc material is not as hard as steel and therefore, it is not blued, its black surface gets scratched really fast. So I can tell you, on a WALTHER blank firing gun this is normal. Especially with the PK 380 because this model has a steel slide that is in fact more durable than a zinc slide - and the outer zinc barrel. This does not lead to functional problems - it just looks pretty awful when you take off the slide. :rolleyes:

The safety on the PK is a pretty good one, it combines a safty catch with a "flying" firing pin and a safety block that keeps the hammer off the firing pin. Firing this pistol in SAFE mode is nearly impossible. Maybe you had the safety lever in the upper position? Because this is the FIRE position. SAFE is the lower position. ;^) Or easily - if the safety lever points to the muzzle / barrel - it is ready to go BOOM, if it points to the trigger, it is locked.

Ich bitte darum, mir in Zukunft keine Fragen mehr zu stellen (auch nicht per PN!!!), warum ich Neu-Usern hier immer wieder die gleichen Fragen beantworte - das ist allein MEINE Entscheidung! X(
    User, die von mir eine Rechtfertigung für meine Hilfestellungen verlangen, werden AB SOFORT komplett ignoriert!!!!!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Motorbiker (26. April 2013 um 19:32)

• The problem with MOST blank firing guns is that the "outer" barrel is made of zinc instead of steel. This zinc material is not as hard as steel and therefore, it is not blued, its black surface gets scratched really fast. So I can tell you, on a WALTHER blank firing gun this is normal. Especially with the PK 380 because this model has a steel slide that is in fact more durable than a zinc slide - and the outer zinc barrel. This does not lead to functional problems - it just looks pretty awful when you take off the slide. :rolleyes:

The safety on the PK is a pretty good one, it combines a safty catch with a "flying" firing pin and a safety block that keeps the hammer off the firing pin. Firing this pistol in SAFE mode is nearly impossible. Maybe you had the safety lever in the upper position? Because this is the FIRE position. SAFE is the lower position. ;^) Or easily - if the safety lever points to the muzzle / barrel - it is ready to go BOOM, if it points to the trigger, it is locked.

Motorbiker, you're the best! Thanks... Yep, looks too scratched and feels like it was used for ages. And this is just for a day :)
    Maybe I will try to paint is, like Robert told me to do...

About the safety, my fault... Works like a charm :) Thank you all! Great forum... :thumbup:

• No problem - I always try to answer to questions as good as possible. These are the experiences I made with my WALTHER guns. P 22 and P 99 - zinc barrel - scratches. PP - no zinc barrel - no scratches. All these guns have zinc slides.

Ich bitte darum, mir in Zukunft keine Fragen mehr zu stellen (auch nicht per PN!!!), warum ich Neu-Usern hier immer wieder die gleichen Fragen beantworte - das ist allein MEINE Entscheidung! X(
    User, die von mir eine Rechtfertigung für meine Hilfestellungen verlangen, werden AB SOFORT komplett ignoriert!!!!!