Pistole 9mm: Sig Sauer P239 (englisch)

• Greetings fellow members,

A while ago i orderd a black Sig Sauer P239 from waffen-ostheimer.de .
    The gun had a price of 115 Euro (2007-03-23).

The pistol is made by Cuno Melcher ME-Sportwaffen GmbH & Co.KG and is a copy of Sig Sauer P239.
    I have heard different things about the P239 that the slide unlocks itself after a dussin shots and that it is hard to reassamble after cleaning. I also noticed that the firing pin seemed to be so short. I pushed the firing pin with a pen at the back where the hammer strikes and it almost didn´t come out at the other side on the breech block.
    So i was abit afraid and sceptic about the quality of this gun but i thought that i wanted to see for myself what it goes for.

GUN FINISH
    As far it comes to the copy of the real gun it is extremely alike as the original. Very good making when it comes to the replica of the real steel!
    See for yourself, the picture below is a photo of the real Sig Sauer P239

and here´s my Sig Sauer P239

It only differs from the real gun in mm in size and has the same magazine capacity as the real 9mm Parabellum version (see specifications at the end of this test).

SHOOTING & HANDLING
    As i said earlier i was abit sceptic on the quality but it proved to be something totally different.
    The pistol has a single stack magazine and holds 8 shots in 9mm P.A.K and therefore has a smaller grip. It is easy to carry and you get a sturdy grip on the gun.
    I fired 70 shots without any kind of problems. I expected a "klick" but it never came, it fired off every shot nicely. The single action and double action pull is very smooth and the decocker worked perfect.
    As the same with the slide catch it worked 100%. The slide catch engages from the back of the magazine and is easy to operate.
    It has a slim hammer that doesn´t get stuck in the pants if you have to draw the gun in an emergency, the hammer has no steel-inlet but the firing pin has a good diameter to extend the life of the hammer.
    The only thing i noticed was that the magazine don´t come out of it self when it is dirty from gunpowder so you have to pull it out with the help of your fingers.
    The one i have has PTB 874 and year mark AG with serie number: 031746

It may have been that the older PTB´s has worse quality and they have improved this one. I don´t know but this one worked perfect.
    It was althou a little hard to reassamble after cleaning as the slide pin under the barrel has to be in center to get the slide on.
    But one thing i noticed was that no other gun that i have fired, Röhm, Browning, Walther P88, Reck or P225 threw the shell casings this far as the P239 does! The shells flew 5 meters away! I know that how far the shells fly doesn´t determine how good a gun is but it sure was nice to see this little suckers fly! :n17:
    Look at the photo below and see on the left of the shell, you can see where the shell ejector hit it. It did a nice mark on the shell casing.

FACIT
    All in all, i was very satisfied with this P239 by ME, it was alot better than i thought, and really nice to shoot with. :n1:
    The quality was better than i expect it to be. I think it will do good as a self defense gun as the original was made as a back up gun for law enforcement if you speak of design and carry. I cannot however say how it works with fireworks as i don´t have any possibilitys to try.

And you know me and photos.... here some on my new gun.

and some general photos

Here is a picture of the back end of the gun

and here´s another of the front of the gun

The picture below is the firing pin that has i fairly good size to be tender to the hammer.

This little screw in the rear sight i quite a little smart fellow, i thought it first hold the sight, but it is actually the screw that hold the firing pin.

If the firing pin breaks, it just takes a few seconds to replace it with a new one. Genius!

SPECIFICATIONS

Sig Sauer P239 - PTB 874:
    Caliber : 9mm P.A.K
    Length overall : 172mm
    Height overall : 130mm
    Width overall : 26mm
    Barrel length : 95mm
    Weight : 730g
    Magazine : 8 rounds

The real P239:
    Caliber : 9mm Para (also in 357Sig and 40S&W)
    Length overall : 173mm
    Height overall : 131mm
    Width overall : 31mm
    Barrel length : 92mm
    Weight : 780g
    Magazine : 8 rounds in 9mm Para

Sincerely/// Daniel