Webley Tempest (English)

• The Webley Tempest is an old design, based on the old Webley Senior.
    The barrel is used for cocking.
    Pricing is around E189-205 here in Holland.
    The finish is good; the barrel is blued, the rest is probably powdercoated.
    It has a manual safety, which has some play from new.
    The Tempest is a very compact pistol. It feels great to hold, allthough the grips are a bit thin for me and the plastic grips feel a bit slippery.
    There's also a 5.5mm Tempest, but mine is a 4.5mm and it should do around 125m/sec.
    The trigger on mine is good, light for a plinker pistol, with a hint of creep.
    The trigger ís adjustable but it has little effect.
    Cocking is a bit awkward at first but you'll soon find yr own best way to cock it.
    Cocking on mine feels smooth and without any weird sounds, allthough internals look very dry (from new).Some are afraid of bad accuracy because of the barrelcocking system. During use, you will get some play on the barrel when it's unlocked, that's unavoidable with this system. Fortunately, in locked position the barrel is playfree and perfectly centered. The sights are very basic; only adjustable by screwdriver but they function perfectly well (allthough the front sight seems a little off center)

The shooting: a Tempest has a unique inverted piston system: the piston is cocked away from you and will come towards you during the shot. This gives nice .22LR like recoil and makes it a lot of FUN to shoot.
    It also makes the Tempest a very hold sensitive pistol, difficult to shoot according to some. There is also a little springtwang but it's not annoying.
    Accuracy is plenty good enough for a plinker: 5 shots within 1 cm edge-to-edge at 5m, and about 20 shots within 1"at 10m is perfectly doable. Mine seems to like H&N Finale Match and Webley's own brand pellets.
    The Tempest also has a brother, the Hurricane with better fine adjustable sights and the possibility of a scopemount. But I like the Tempest looks better; the Hurricane looks bulky to me.
    To me, the Tempest is the best airgun buy in yrs, I have SO much fun shooting it! My advice, GET one if you can!
    The pics I promised: Tempest geschlossen, geoffnet und herausgenommen (Feder gebrochen!):

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von yana (20. Oktober 2006 um 11:27)