BAMER Self Defence Device

Es gibt 64 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 9.814 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag (6. Juli 2015 um 11:34) ist von Tiju.

• "However it is not possible to bring any weapons into play in the usual civilian or police close quarter attack situation without risk of severe injury for yourself if you don't use some techniques before."

For sure but is there any alternative, than trying it ?

For me it was a astonishing result, that a "Schreckschusswaffe" which was defined in my youth (70s and 80s) as a toy for adults really can stop a knife attack. And yes, it was a unatural situation, but very interesting.

I red now some information about the Tueller test, which I have never heard before, thanks for this Tiju. At the moment I think, that this test in less showing abilities of a gun fighter because individuals are totally different (and if you see the abilities of Instructor Zero on youtube fighting against a knife attacker - this is not normal for me or other civilians). The test is more to give legal safety to the cops, having a defined range within it is necessary to shoot and to avoid a later court decision, in which the cop was charged.

I know that this forum is more on the sport side of shooting but is there any forum in which we can discusse also self defence conten open ?

Don Salsa Mucho

No my mind is not for rent, to any god or government !

• I agree that the Tueller-test is quite often misinterpreted. To the extent that people think a knife is a superior weapon to a gun under 6 metres. It is not, not even in a grappling situation. However it is not possible to bring any weapons into play in the usual civilian or police close quarter attack situation without risk of severe injury for yourself if you don't use some techniques before. Maybe you can draw a gas gun when someone is wielding a knife from the distance of 3 metres. But you will most probably never face a person with a real intent to attack you who shows a knife from 3 metres away.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of times that stupidity: "the knife is always better than a pistol under 7 meters". LOL

For selfdefence tests and reality. In the real world attack everything is moving, every situation is different. You will backwards moving and step aside when someone is charging at you with a knife, and if the attacker is close enough you will fight with fist and leg also. But how would look like a selfdefence test if you throw punches with one hand, and use a pepperspray with the other?:-) It would not be repeatable, and would tell nothing about the effectivness of the selfdefence device itself.

• Statistisch gesehen finden die meisten zivilen und auch eine Vielzahl der polizeilichen Schußwaffengebräuche auf Entfernungen unter 1,5 Meter statt. Wenn keine Schußwaffen auf der Angreiferseite involviert sind, kann man davon ausgehen, dass die Kampfdistanzen jedenfalls nicht steigen. Das ist sozusagen Armlänge, d.h. der Gegner kann einen mit Kontaktwaffen (Hand, Fuß, Messer, Stock etc.) ohne großen Zeitverzug treffen. Es dauert ca. 0,8 bis 1,5 Sekunden, bis man eine Schußwaffe gezogen und damit geschossen hat. Man wird kaum Wirkung erzielen, bevor einen der andere getroffen hat, selbst wenn man schießt, bevor er reagiert.

Szenario 1: jemand steht vor mir und bedroht mich mit einem Messer. Will er Geld oder Autoschlüssel, gebe ich sie ihm. Will er danach noch etwas anderes, z.B. mich ins Auto oder woanders hin mitnehmen, ist eine extrem gefährliche Situation eingetreten. Niemals, niemals, niemals, erlaubt man einem Kriminellen, einen an einen von diesem gewünschten Ort zu verbringen (im Englischen nennt man das "secondary crime scene" oder "crime scene No. 2", das ist da, wo die üblen Morde etc. passieren). Ist jemand mit Messer in Reichweite, ziehe ich bestimmt keine Waffe, denn bevor ich sie draußen habe, hat er sicher mehrfach zugestochen. Entweder warte ich, bis der Typ abgelenkt ist oder ich schlage das Messer weg, renne und ziehe dabei. Mit einer scharfen Schußwaffe habe ich jetzt Überlegenheit und kann vorgehen, wie ich will. Mit einer Gaspistole bietet es sich an, einfach nach hinten Richtung Angreifer zu schießen. Hier ist es von großem Vorteil, dass eine Gasplempe das Zeug großflächig verteilt. Wie Garbor Vass schreibt, im SV-Fall bewegt sich alles, bzw. man sollte sich jedenfalls bewegen. Die so oft gelobte "Zielsicherheit" von Sprays ist eher kontraproduktiv. Bei Polizei und Sicherheitsdiensten sieht das anders aus.

Szenario 2: jemand greift mich mit einem Messer an. Wenn man einer Waffe begegnet, dann wahrscheinlich einem Messer. Oder Korrektur: jemand greift mich körperlich an. Hat der Typ Ahnung, sehe ich das Messer nicht, bevor ich geschnitten oder gestochen wurde. Oft merkt man Verletzungen wohl auch erst nach dem Kampf, das sagen viele Schilderungen und auch die gerichtsmedizinische Literatur. Also gehe ich immer davon aus, dass eine Waffe im Spiel ist. Es gibt hier keine Möglichkeit, eine eigene Waffe welcher Art auch immer zu ziehen und einzusetzen. Nehmen wir an, ich brauche 1 Sekunde, das sind ca. 5 - 8 Stiche oder Schnitte im Körper. Zwar besteht überwiegende Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass man das überlebt, aber bauen darauf sollte man nicht. Lösung? Erst mal unbewaffnete Abwehr, dann bei erster guter Gelegenheit, absetzen und Waffe ziehen. Man fängt sich mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit Schnitte an den abwehrenden Armen, aber besser das als ein Stich im Bauch, oder, weitaus schlimmer, Herz. Auch hier kann eine Gaswaffe helfen, sie erleichtert einem das Verlassen der Gefahrenzone.

Wenn es verlässliche OC-Patronen für Revolver gäbe, würde ich wahrscheinlich statt JPX + Nebelspray einen HW 88 + Schaumspray führen.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of times that stupidity: "the knife is always better than a pistol under 7 meters". LOL

For selfdefence tests and reality. In the real world attack everything is moving, every situation is different. You will backwards moving and step aside when someone is charging at you with a knife, and if the attacker is close enough you will fight with fist and leg also. But how would look like a selfdefence test if you throw punches with one hand, and use a pepperspray with the other?:-) It would not be repeatable, and would tell nothing about the effectivness of the selfdefence device itself.

My only fear is that someone could interpret the test as an advice to just draw a tear gas weapon (or real gun, makes no difference) if attacked. It is very probable that he then would also just draw the weapon if the attacker were nearer what would be more realististical. That would be dangerous beyond acceptance. The point of the test is different, I know. That's the reason that for me it is so absolutely wrong to forbid discussion about such tests. But we start a discussion of the tests and I will stop now. ;^)

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Tiju (6. Juli 2015 um 08:47)

• My only fear is that someone could interpret the test as an advice to just draw a tear gas weapon (or real gun, makes no difference) if attacked.

In the Hungarian articles and forum discussions about our tests these important things are expressed. The videos without the explanation of details are worthless.